We believe a committed caring relationship is a gift of God, and God intends loving relationships to be faithful, responsible, just, healing, and sustaining to the couple and the world.
If you are interested in having your wedding at HUMC, we’ve provided some information below to get you started:
- Contact our Administrative Assistant, Cheryl Huetson, at 630 325-1280 to confirm available dates and times on our church calendar.
- Speak to our Pastor, Rev. Young-Mee Park, regarding her availability for wedding services at the church or off-site.
- Four premarital counseling sessions are provided to help prepare couples for a healthy, lasting, and fulfilling marriage.
- We provide a traditional Protestant wedding service, but offer services that incorporate religious traditions and life experiences for the couple.
- The sanctuary at Hinsdale UMC was renovated in 2005. It reflects the prairie architectural style utilizing natural wood and stone. The sanctuary comfortably holds 300 people and was designed to facilitate easy access for those of all levels of mobility. The sanctuary and the areas frequently used by bridal parties can be accessed without encountering any stairs. It is surrounded by large windows which allow it to be filled with sunlight. The windows afford near panoramic views of the beautifully landscaped grounds of the church.
- Fellowship Hall is located on the west end of the church. Fellowship Hall has a total capacity of 224, and can be divided into two smaller sections with a capacity of 135 and 89.
- A covered drop-off area is available at the east entrance which leads to two large parking lots on the north and east sides of the church.
- There are costs for non-members to hold their wedding at Hinsdale UMC. Please consult the wedding booklet for more information or contact the church office with questions at 630-325-1280.