Join our One Day Home Makeover
Saturday, April 29, 2017
Rebuilding Together’s mission is to improve the homes and lives of elderly, disabled, and low-income homeowners so that they may continue to live in warmth, safety and comfort. For those who want to make a huge difference in a person’s life and quality of living, please plan to join your HUMC team for a “one day” home make-over.
This year HUMC volunteers will be helping a very nice woman in Robbins. Ms. Brown is a generous and compassionate 62-year-old woman living with her 31-year-old daughter who is confined to a wheelchair due to cerebral palsy. Her daughter enjoys swimming and dreams that one day she will have the opportunity to scuba drive. They are fun, loving family who can’t wait to meet the volunteers.
We will be working inside and outside the home on the following projects:
- Paint front porches
- Repair subfloor and replace tile on enclosed back porch
- Repair electrical panel
- Replace dryer vent
- Paint and minor patching in four rooms
- Check wiring to outlet in dining room, bathroom, and overhead light in bedroom
- Repair kitchen cabinets and caulk countertops
- Caulk tub surrounds and replace towel bars
- Carpentry repairs needed on stairs to second floor
- Replace bedroom threshold
- Replace carpet in one bedroom
- Small planting and exterior clean up in yard
We’d like at least 20 people to take part in this day! We have important work for every skill level and are led by professionals, so don’t be bashful about signing up! You can sign up for the full day or a ½ day if you have other conflicts or you can sign up by email to Bob Hooks at email@example.com.
Please take the opportunity to participate in this truly “hands-on” mission! Contact Bob Hooks with any questions at firstname.lastname@example.org.