The 2013 MMDC mission trip is scheduled for December 4-6. This is a great opportunity for adults to experience a mission work trip. Watch here for more details.
MMDC collects, prepares, and ships disaster relief materials and medical and educational supplies to people throughout the world who are recovering from floods, fires, earthquakes, tornadoes, and hurricanes. Work activities performed at the center include sewing school bags or children’s hospital gowns; sorting and packing health kits, cleaning buckets, or Layette kits; constructing school desks; preparing and loading items for shipment; and doing office paperwork.
URGENTLY NEEDED SUPPLIES
MMDC is in urgent need of CLEANING BUCKET SUPPLIES. Any supplies you can donate will be greatly appreciated.
* 5 gallon bucket with re-sealable lid
* 50 clothes pins
* 7 sponges
* 1 scrub brush
* 5 scouring pads (not steel wool)
* 18 cleaning towels (reusable wipes)
* Dish soap, 16 to 28 oz. bottle
* Clothes line (two 50 ft. or one 100 ft.)
* 5 dust masks (disposable) (sealed in a bag)
* 1 can air freshener (aerosol or pump)
* 1 pair work gloves (leather palm necessary)
* Liquid laundry detergent (two 25 oz. or one 50 oz bottle)
* 1 household cleaner, 12 to 16 oz. bottle — that can be mixed in water (no spray bottles)
* 2 pair disposable waterproof gloves (rubber or latex acceptable)
* 1 insect repellent spray (not killer), 6 to 14 oz. can (aerosol spray or pump with protective cover)
* 24-bag roll of heavy duty trash bags, 33-45 gallon
Please make sure all items are new and the correct size. If they are not the correct size, they are unusable. Items can be placed in boxes in the Church Narthex.