Your giving is an act of worship and makes possible the ministry of changing lives, transforming communities, and renewing the church. The founder of the Methodist Church, John Wesley, urged us to, “Earn all you can and save all you can, so that you can give all you can.” He modeled modest living and sacrificial giving. Through our congregation, we are the heart, spirit, and hands of God’s outreaching love—putting love into action.
In addition to offerings given through the offering plate, there are three ways to give:
- Online – Set up your online giving for a one-time or recurring debit or credit card contributions.
- Electronic Funds Transfer – EFT allows consistent amounts to be drawn directly regularly from your banking account. This option allows you to give as a regular priority and it also reduces the processing expense for the church. To get started with EFT, please complete and return our EFT set-up form along with an original voided check to the Financial Secretary in the church office. Once your account is established, you may use it for other one-time giving contributions as well.
- Mail – Donations may be mailed to the Financial Secretary, Hinsdale UMC, 945 S. Garfield, Hinsdale, IL 60521.
If you wish to donate non-cash gifts, please contact our Financial Secretary to arrange for a donation of marketable securities to your chosen HUMC ministry area. By donating qualified securities, you are eligible for a tax deduction for the fair market value of your securities at the time of donation, and you will pay no capital gains tax on the difference between your cost and the fair market value.
We have many opportunities for you to help HUMC maintain and expand its ministry. These include:
- Our annual operating fund. Gifts to this area make possible the day-to-day ministries and services of the church.
- Mission outreach. 100% of all donations to our missions are used to support our outreach projects—in the community, nationally and internationally.
- We have an endowment, The Copper Cross Fund, to provide lasting support for HUMC and its ministries.
- Another purpose you wish to support.
- Memorial gifts to honor the memory of a loved one may be designated to any of the areas above.
Simply denote the purpose of your gift on the online giving page.