Our congregation’s purpose for establishing the Safe Sanctuaries Policy and accompanying procedures is to demonstrate our absolute and unwavering commitment to the physical safety and spiritual growth of all of our children.
STATEMENT OF COVENANT
Therefore, be it resolved as a Christian community of faith and a United Methodist congregation, we pledge to conduct the ministry of the gospel in ways that assure the safety and spiritual growth of all of our children as well as all of the volunteers who work with our children.
- We will follow reasonable safety measures in the selection and recruitment of volunteers;
- We will implement prudent operational procedures in all programs and events;
- We will educate our volunteers who work with children regarding the use of all appropriate policies and methods;
- We will have a clearly defined procedure for reporting a suspected incident of abuse that conforms to the requirements of State law;
- We will be prepared to respond to media inquires if an incident occurs;
- We will inform parents of our policies and procedures.
These policies and procedures apply to and are designed for volunteers, employees and church leaders of Hinsdale United Methodist Church interacting with children from birth through 18 involved in church activities. These policies and procedures apply to Church sanctioned programs designed for children and youth where there is no parent supervision.
Thank you for your willingness to serve the children and youth of Hinsdale United Methodist Church. In order to provide the safest environment for everyone involved we ask that you take these simple measures by downloading the two forms below and returning completed forms to the church office.
Thank you so much for helping us provide a safe place for you and our children, so together we can learn and grow in our faith. If you have any questions about the Safe Sanctuaries policy, please contact the church office at (630) 325-1280.