Audio/Visual Support Technician Job Posting
Accountability: Sr. Pastor, Communications Director, AV Coordinator, Music Director
Position Purpose: The Audio/Visual Technician must be highly reliable and always on time for scheduled events. Positive, humble, cooperative, and willing attitudes are imperative. The Audio/Visual Support Technician’s ultimate goal is to ensure that services and events are able to utilize technology efficiently, effectively, and strategically in order to enhance the experience of those attending.
- Maintain a reliable system for providing technical support This includes (but not limited to): 1. Audio mixing, monitor mixing, and audio recording (knowledge of current equipment) 2. Switching with multiple cameras 3. Video recording, and live streaming production 4. Prepare equipment for rehearsals, worship services and all events.
- Initiate successful communication with Pastors, Director of Music & Worship, ministry staff leaders, and event coordinators in order to help facilitate a/v needs.
- Update and maintain production technologies to ensure that technologies are in working order, make suggestion of future purchases, and be involved in technical installations.
- Knowledge or willingness to learn of audio systems
- Knowledge or willingness to learn wireless microphone technology and maintenance (including battery and cable maintenance, etc.)
- Knowledge of live and streaming video environments.
- Ideal candidate is highly tech-savvy, able to learn and master new technology quickly and thoroughly.
- Possess a teachable spirit and collaborate well in a team environment.
- Very strong organizational abilities and excellent attention to details.
- Ability to be flexible in an environment that is subject to spur of the moment change and possess a “whatever it takes” attitude.
Hinsdale United Methodist Church is located in Hinsdale, IL, a western suburb of Chicago in DuPage County. Affiliated to the Northern Illinois Conference of the United Methodist Church, HUMC “is an open, Christian community, demonstrating love in action. Every person is welcome at Hinsdale United Methodist Church – people of all races, ethnicities, gender identities, sexual orientations, socioeconomic status, special needs – people of all gifts and talents – everyone! We offer a faith home for people seeking a spiritual journey. We grow together in God’s love by participating in worship, learning, and mission. Wherever you are on your life’s path, please join us in God’s work.”
Inquiries may be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications must include a resumé. HUMC is an Equal Opportunity Employer and actively seeks and encourages applications from persons of all cultural backgrounds and identities. All offers of employment are subject to the applicant successfully completing background, reference, and other applicable checks. Position is classified as part-time, hourly, no benefits. Wage is competitive and commensurate with job responsibilities.
Director of Communications
Job Type: Part-time salaried position – 20 hours per week
Competitive hourly rate
Reporting: Reports directly to Senior Pastor
Relationship: Strong interaction with church staff, committee leaders, SPRC, and church members
Meeting attendance and selected office hours are required.
Office space provided.
Some work can be done from home.
Laptop to be provided.
- Degree not required, but strongly preferred in Communications, Social Media Marketing, or Graphic Arts.
- Prior communications experience (3 to 5 years’ minimum). Experience in church or non-profit organizations is a plus.
- Desire to work in church atmosphere and passion for promotion of church activities.
- Excellent working knowledge of current communications technology and key software including Microsoft Office, WordPress, Photoshop, Office365, cloud-based software, and social media platforms.
- Collaborative personality with ability to work with different types of people (ages, genders, ethnicity).
- Ability to consistently deliver content on deadline.
- Excellent verbal and written skills including ability to condense content and write short, newspaper type articles and to creatively design multiple types of communication materials.
- Past experience in selecting and working with external vendors such as freelance artists, printers, etc.
- Business management skills and ability to overcome unexpected issues and disruptions.
Support the communications program of the church and deliver creative, well-planned, accurate, and effective communications to the congregation, prospective members, and the community.
Working with the Administrative Assistant, design and creation all of the church communication content for both print and online that fully meets the standards and needs of the church:
- Weekly Parish Notes and Bulletin
- Online postings and articles
- Email announcements/Weekly eNews communication to the congregation.
- Graphics and flyers to update bulletin boards and screens.
- Banners and church signage
- Create and edit printed collateral and projects as needed such as welcome center materials, pew rack cards, evangelism brochures, VBS letter and promotions, Copper Cross brochure, Stewardship campaign information, Lenten devotional, etc.
Social media marketing:
- Develop and create content, and maintain all social media accounts
- Regular postings to all social media accounts
- Planning and effective use of social media advertising campaigns for key events and church seasons.
Regular update of church website:
- Responsible for the functioning, functionality and content of the HUMC website.
- Update content, events, calendar, and webpages.
- Create and administer online registration forms/distribute results.
- Edit photographs and maintain archive files.
- Analyze and monitor website activity and analytics.
- Participate in training and updates on new products and features from software vendor (Elexio)
Collaborate with the Senior Pastor and staff to create and execute a strategy to improve Community and Family engagement in the surrounding communities to promote HUMC. Promote events, concerts, etc. in news media, NIC, other churches, community, etc.
Attend staff meetings, committee meetings, and other church meetings as needed to gain a complete understanding of current events and obtain detailed information for content creation of promotion, announcements, etc. Effective and complete use of content across all communication formats.
Utilize resources and content from Northern Illinois Conference and UM Communications for church’s benefit.
Manage and archive all photos for church using cloud storage.
Maintain current and up-to-date calendar of events and related marketing communications required to support events using Elexio calendar functions.
Provide on-call and immediate response to requests for emergent, time-sensitive, and/or weather-related communications that need to be sent to church members during off-business hours.
This position is classified as part-time salaried, with no benefits included except paid vacation leave. Inquiries may be directed to email@example.com. Applications must include a resumé and cover letter. HUMC is an Equal Opportunity Employer and actively seeks and encourages applications from persons of all cultural backgrounds and identities. All offers of employment are subject to the applicant successfully completing background, reference, and other applicable checks.