To schedule an appointment, contact Mr. Oliver Perry Steward or www.heartlandbc.org. Photo ID required. Contact Heartland Blood Centers at 1-800-7-TO-GIVE with eligibility questions. Sponsored by Hinsdale United Methodist Church, Boy Scout Troop #52, and Hinsdale Masonic Lodge #934.
All donors will receive a Long Sleeve T-shirt!
Sign up online now!
Top 10 Reasons YOU should DONATE BLOOD !!!!
- Each whole blood donation can help as many as 3 people!
- 60% of the population is eligible to donate, but only 5% actually do!
- If only 1% more of the people who are eligible would donate, blood shortages, nationwide, would be very rare (currently it’s about 2 times each year.)
- The blood or platelets you donate with Adventist Midwest Hospitals stays within the hospital system helping the people you know and care about.
- By donating blood, the hospital saves over $100 per pint. (It costs a lot of money to buy blood!)
- It only takes 45-60 minutes for the whole process, actual draw time is around 10 min., and you can donate every 8 weeks.
- Each time you donate you get a mini-physical.
- Donating blood has been linked to lower risks for some cancers, heart attacks and strokes.
- By donating blood, your body functions more efficiently, replenishing the supply of blood in your body. This helps your body stay healthy, and work more efficiently.
- A pint is 1 lb., so you lose a pound every time you donate!